Explain the importance of games and sports for the development of fitness.
Importance of games and sports for the development of fitness :
Regular participation in all types of games and sports provides sufficient exercise to the human body.
• Exercise has a special significance in an individual’s life.
• It maintains one’s fitness level due to which his working capacity increases.
• Regular participation in games and sports keeps the individual physically fit, mentally alert, socially strong and emotionally balanced.
• Games and sports are the best outcome of social values like emotional release, group cohesion, coordination among team members, feeling for each other and cooperation.
• Sports provide better health, better technique, better education, better leisure time and prevents injuries.
• It improves the functioning of circulatory, digestive, respiratory and excretory systems which results in better muscular coordination.
• Regular participation in games and sports helps to maintain the posture and prevents obesity.