Explain the first aid for sprain and strain.
First aid for sprain and strain are :
- Immediately stop playing.
- Cold ice compression if available or pour cold water on the sprained joint.
- Dressing on the affected part also reduces pain and swelling. Dressing should be done in shape of eight.
- Restrict movement and give sufficient rest. Do not try to move the injured part.
- Sprained joint should be fomented only after 48 hours. Therapy should be given only after 48 hours of injury.
- Elevate the injured part to reduce swelling and throbing pain.