First aid for sprain and strain are :
1. Immediately stop playing.
2. Cold ice compression if available or pour cold water on the sprained joint.
3. Dressing on the affected part also reduces pain and swelling. Dressing should be done in shape of eight.
4. Restrict movement and give sufficient rest. Do not try to move the injured part.
5. Sprained joint should be fomented only after 48 hours. Therapy should be given only after 48 hours of injury.
6. Elevate the injured part to reduce swelling and throbing pain.