1) Fix a soft iron cylinder on the wooden base vertically.
2) Wind copper wire around the soft iron.
3) Take a metal ring which is slightly greater in radius than the radius of soft iron cylinder and insert it through the soft iron cylinder.
4) Connect the ends of the coil to the AC source and switch on the current.
5) Here metal ring leviate on the coil (appear to rise and float in the air).
6) In this experiment we can conclude that if AC current is used, the magnetic induction changes in both magnitude and direction in the solenoid and in the ring. The field through the metal ring changes, so that flux linked with the metal ring changes.
7) If DC current is used, the metal ring lifts up and falls down immediately.