1. Examine the influence of United States popular culture on the cultures of other nations. Provide examples.
2. Examine the influence of the cultures of other nations on the United States.
3. Evaluate the influence of the United States’ cultural ideas on other nations.
4. Analyze the extent to which the entertainment industry played a role in the global diffusion of the United States’ culture.
- The US culture has traveled to europe through movies brands…This has been made with the pop culture, brands like Mc donalds, Nike changed our way of thinking and living in europe… and the movie industry is usually showing to the entire world an image of the US that is perfect (propagation of the american dream idea).
2.The US are less influenced than europe or asian countries. The influence is seen differently in the diferrent states. Obviously California and cities of the south are influenced by the mexican culture and the same at the north with canada. in general, the asian influence appeared largely in the 70th with the cinema and Bruce lee. And the european culture has been influencing the US with food and the fashion clothes industry.
3.Since the US has become the greatest power of the world they have been having a major role in the international scene. Cultural ideas have been spread all over the world also thanks to the political power of the US.
- With disney’s movies, hollywood, blockbusters, the US is giving an image of the country and it is the most powerful tool of communication because those movies are going abroad and in all parts of the wold.