Principles of Adapted Physical Education :
1. Students with disabilities require adapted physical education activities to the limit of their capacity, to meet their physical, mental, social and emotional needs.
2. Every effort should be made to ensure that the adapted physical education programme is according to the needs and capacities of students.
3. The equipment, facilities, rules and instructions of an adapted physical education programme should be modified according to the need.
4. The adapted physical education programme should be physically as well as psychologically sound.
5. The teacher of physical education should note the anomalies, but should not try to treat the anomalies that need the attention of a medical specialist.
6. The activities of adapted physical education should be decided after close coordination with medical staff.