. Draw abtock diagram showing events in respiration. Write what you understood about cellular respiration.
- All living cells must carry out cellular respiration.
- During respiration, energy is produced when the glucose or fatty acids are oxidised in the cells. As this process occurs in the cells this is called cellular respiration.
- It can be in the presence of oxygen that is aerobic.respiration or in its absence that is anaerobic respiration (fermentation).
- Cellular respiration in prokaryotic cells like that of bacteria occurs within the cytoplasm.
- In Eukaryotic cells cytoplasm and mitochondria are the site of cellular respiration.