Do you agree that caste has not disappeared from contemporary India?
- Some of the older aspects of caste are continuing.
- Even now, most people marry within their own caste or tribe.
- Untouchability has not ended completely, despite constitutional prohibition.
- The caste groups that had access to education under the old system have done very well in acquiring modern education as well.
- Those groups that did not have access to education or were prohibited from acquiring it have naturally lagged behind.
Caste continues to be closely linked to economic status.