Emission spectrum :
1) The spectrum produced by emitted radiation is called emission spectrum.
2) The emission spectrum contains bright lines on the dark back¬ground.
3) The emission spectrum corresponds the radiation emitted when an excited electron returns back to the ground state.
Absorption spectrum :
1) The spectrum produced by absorption of radiation is called absorption spectrum.
2) The absorption spectrum contains dark lines on the bright back¬ground.
3) The absorption spectrum corresponds the radiation absorbed in exciting an electron from lower to the higher energy levels.