Describe the internal structure of heart with a neat labelled diagram.
1) Internally heart is divided into four parts by septums.
2) Two upper parts are called atria, and the lower ones are called ventricles.
3) The two atria are separated from each by inter-atriolar septum and the right and left ventricles are separated from each other by inter-ventricular septum.
4) The inter-atriolar septum and inter-ventricular septum prevent mixing of deoxygenated blood in the right side of the heart with oxygenated blood in the left side of the heart.
5) The walls Of the ventricles are relatively thicker than atrial walls.
pulmonary artery (left branch) left pulmonary veins left atrium .
semi - lunar valve in the pulmonary artery left atrioventricular valve (Bicuspid valve) left ventricle
6) The largest artery is the aorta which arises from the left ventricle supplies blood to all the body parts except lungs.
7) Pulmonary artery that arises from the right ventricle carries deoxygenated blood to lungs.
8) The right atrium and right ventricle are connected to each other by right atrioventricular aperture.
9) The left atrium and left ventricle are connected to each other by left atrioventricular aperture.
10) Tricuspid valve guards the right auriculoventricular aperture and mitral valve or bicuspid valve guards the left atrioventricular aperture.