Describe the excretory system of man.
A. 1) The excretory system of man consists of a) a pair of kidneys b) ureters and c) urinary bladder and d) urethra.
2) Kidneys are bean shaped and are located in the abdominal region on either side of vertebral column.
3) From hilus of each kidney there are a pair of whitish, narrow tubular structures
arise. They are known as ureters. •
4) The ureter travels downwards and open, in the sac like structure called the urinary bladder, which stores urine.
5) Urethra is a tube that-takes urine from urinary bladder to outside.
6) The opening of urinary bladder into urethra is guarded by a ring of muscles or