Describe the buccal cavity of human beings. How is food masticated in buccal cavity ?
1) The cavity or space in the mouth is called oral cavity or buccal cavity.
2) Teeth, tongue and openings of three salivary glands are present in buccal cavity.
3) Incisors, canines, premolars and molars are the different types of teeth present in the mouth.
4) Tongue is muscular and pushes the food on to the teeth during mastication. It also helps in swallowing the food into oesophagus.
5) Three pairs of salivary glands present in the buccal Cavity are parotid, sub-lingual and sub-maxillary glands.
6) Parotid glands are present near the ears. Other two pairs of glands.open below the tongue