Describe a simple experiment to show that the bulb lights up when an electric circuit is complete and vice-versa.
- Take a dry cell, a small torch bulb (fitted with a holder) and a copper connecting
- Connect the dry cell, the bulb and the copper wire as shown below.
- Leave a gap in this connection and mark it as AB.
- Due to the gap AB the electric circuit is not complete and therefore the bulb does not glow.
- Take a pencil and fit it in the gap AB. You will find that the bulb glows as the circuit is complete.