Deepak said that ‘Nephrons are functional and structural units of kidneys’. How
will you support him ?
How can you say that kidney is suitable for filtration of biological waste from blood
in man ?
A. I support Deepak’s statement that nephrons are functional units of kidneys because
- Nephron’s chief function is to regulate the concentration of water and soluble substances like sodium salts by filtering the blood, reabsorbing what is needed and excreting the rest as urine.
- Nephron eliminates wastes from the body, regulates blood volume and blood pressure, controls levels of electrolytes and metabolites and regulates blood pH.
- Its functions are vital to life and are regulated by the endocrine system.
- Proper function of nephrons mean proper function of kidneys.
- Hence, nephrons are the functional units of kidneys.