Properties of covalent compounds :
- Covalent compounds are usually liquids or gases, only some of them are solids.
- The covalent compounds are usually liquids or gases due to the weak force of attraction between their molecules.
- Covalent compounds have usually low melting and low boiling points.
- Covalent compounds are usually in soluble in water but they are soluble in organic solvents.
- Covalent compounds do not conduct electricity.
Uses of Covalent compounds :
- Covalent compounds form 99% of our body.
- Water is a covalent compound. We know its many uses.
- Sugars, food substances, tea and coffee are all covalent compounds.
- Air we breathe in contains covalent molecules of oxygen and nitrogen.
- Almost everything on earth other than most simple in organic salts are covalent.