Collect information about the history of spherical mirrors in human civilization

Collect information about the history of spherical mirrors in human civilization.
Write a report on it.

1 Like
  1. The first mirrors used by people were most likely pools of water, or water. The earliest manufactured mirrors were pieces of polished stones.
  2. Parabolic mirrors were described and studied in classical antiquity by the mathematician Diodes in his work on burning mirrors.
  3. Ptolemy conducted a number of experiments with curved polished iron mirrors. He also discussed plane, convex, concave and spherical mirrors in his optics.
  4. In China, people began making mirrors with the use of silver mercury amalgams as early as 500 AD.
  5. In 16th century, Venice, a big city formed for its glass making expertise, became a centre of mirror production using this new technique.
  6. The invention of the silvered - glass mirror is created to German Chemist Justus Von Liebig in 1835.
1 Like

Good question, and good answer, have found something new thanks to your answer. Pretty cool! I really started to love your forum, i got distracted from the fact that i have some health issues. Iā€™m very happy to spend a lot of time here in comparison with past, when i used to spend all my time searching for pharmacy reviews. so thank you for such amazing posts! :slight_smile: