1) The first mirrors used by people were most likely pools of water, or water. The earliest manufactured mirrors were pieces of polished stones.
2) Parabolic mirrors were described and studied in classical antiquity by the mathematician Diodes in his work on burning mirrors.
3) Ptolemy conducted a number of experiments with curved polished iron mirrors. He also discussed plane, convex, concave and spherical mirrors in his optics.
4) In China, people began making mirrors with the use of silver mercury amalgams as early as 500 AD.
5) In 16th century, Venice, a big city formed for its glass making expertise, became a centre of mirror production using this new technique.
6) The invention of the silvered - glass mirror is created to German Chemist Justus Von Liebig in 1835.